Confluence is pleased to announce the following judges returning this year for the Cosplay/Costume Contest:
For more information on the judges, click here: 2018 Judges
General Costume Rules
- Costumes must be family friendly. Nudity (or suggested nudity, such as form fitting latex or body paint), obscene language, and offensive religious or political statements are all prohibited.
- Costumes must be self-contained. No unsealed body paint, wet paint, or other items that could leave a trace behind are permitted.
- Props must abide by the Confluence Weapon policy.
- Costumers are not required to participate in the contest, but we recommend you give it a try!
- Staff reserves the right to modify these rules as needed. All staff decisions are final.
- All contestants must have a valid 2017 Confluence pass.
- Contestants can only enter in one category, Individual or Group. Only one costume is permitted per entrant.
- What comes on stage with you must leave the stage with you–no glitter, smoke bombs, projectiles, etc. You may not enter or leave the stage at any place other than designated spots.
- All applications must be submitted before the contest. Judging will be done pre-showing, off stage.
- If you are recreating a costume from a media source such as a movie, anime, game or book, etc., you are strongly encouraged to bring reference materials to be turned in with your application. Not only does it prove your accuracy, but if the judge is not familiar with the source, it may be the only way to judge its veracity. While this is not required, you may not be judged for accuracy without it. Good reference materials include character design sheets, promotional material, screenshots, or quoted written descriptions from canon sources.
- Contestants will be judged according to their costume’s resemblance to the character or source it is based on, representation of their costume, and craftsmanship skill.
- Costumes can be handmade or store bought but put together in a unique way (i.e., items purchased separately but embellished and/or altered for the purpose of the particular costume). The greater the handmade workmanship or alteration, the better! If the costume was created by someone else, they must be credited. We’d prefer if they attended as well!
- Confluence will not be able to provide ‘handlers’ for unwieldy costumes.
- All contestants 13 and under must have a parent or guardian present.
- Each entry is only allowed one walk-on or skit (3 minutes or under.) This may include 1-3 minute walk-ons, character scene re-enactments, and skit.
- Skits must maintain a family-friendly level. Skits containing obscene language, overtly sexual behavior, and offensive religious or political statements are all prohibited.
- Ribbons and certificates will be awarded to winners. Further prizes are TBA!